What it is:
The 2020 Census counts every person living in the 50 states, the District of Columbia, and the five U.S. territories (Puerto Rico, American Samoa, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, Guam, and the U.S. Virgin Islands).
Why it matters:
One Voice Central Texas is committed to ensuring a complete and accurate count of all individuals during the 2020 Census. A complete and accurate count is important because Census results help determine how billions of dollars in federal funding will be spent for the next decade. This is money that directly impacts our community through funding for health care facilities, schools, and public safety.
How you can help:
There are a variety of opportunities between now and Census Day (April 1, 2020) to prepare our community for a complete and accurate count. Check out the links below for more information.
The Census Bureau is hiring for a variety of temporary jobs including census takers, recruiting assistants, office staff, and supervisory staff. Candidates must complete and online job application that includes assessment questions about education, work, and other experience (click here for a full list of requirements). The average rate of pay per hour in Travis County is $22.
Download, customize, and share the outreach materials provided by the Census Bureau. These resources will help promote and explain the benefits of a complete and accurate count.
- Census 101: What You Need to Know
- Community Outreach Toolkit - A quickstart guide to tailoring census outreache fforts for the people you serve
- Counting Young Children in the 2020 Census - Describes the challenges involved in accurately counting young children and how you can help ensure all children are counted in 2020.
- How the 2020 Census Counts People Experiencing Homelessness
- Fact Sheet for Responding to the Census Online
- Fact Sheet: The 2020 Census and Confidentiality
- Accessibility of the 2020 Census
- Responding to the 2020 Census in Spanish
- Sample Copy of the 2020 Census Invitation Letter - This is a sample of the invitation letter households will receive inviting them to respond to the 2020 Census online. This version excludes the URL, Census ID, and contact information.
- Sample Copy of the 2020 Census Questionnaire - This is a sample of the paper questionnaire that will be used during the 2020 Census. This version excludes the URL and contact information.
- Supporting Self-Response in the 2020 Census - Explains how partners can help people respond to the 2020 Census.