- Courtney Robinson
- Executive Director
- Excellence and Advancement Foundation
- Years as Executive Director
- What does your organization do?
- Excellence and Advancement Foundation is dedicated to transforming how communities combat the school to prison pipeline and mass incarceration.
- How did you become interested in this work?
- While working at a community college in California as the Dean of Students, I served students that were impacted by the criminal justice system.
- What drives your passion?
- My personal experience with parental incarceration and my research with four generations of men who shared their stories of schooling and incarceration.
- Did you have a mentor or role model?
- Yes, many different mentors and role models.
- What's the biggest challenge in your work?
- Like many non-profit organizations, funding the work is our biggest challenge.
- What's the best advice that you have ever received?
- “Be patient with yourself but aggressive with your opportunities.”
Standish Foundation for Child & Family Centered Healthcare
- News from OVCT: General Member Meeting Recap, Texas Legislative Update, and more!
- OVCT News: General Member Meeting This Thursday
- News from OVCT: General Member Meeting, Featured Member, and more!
- OVCT Newsletter: Meeting with Mayor Adler and ACLU Attorney re: SB4 and other important updates
- OVCT Newsletter: General Member Meeting Recap, Meeting with Mayor and ACLU, and more!