One Voice held a successful press conference last Wednesday afternoon in collaboration with Council Member Delia Garza, AISD, and Austin Interfaith to urge City Council to increase funding for social services in the City budget, based on the resolution they passed earlier this year to do so. Thanks to all One Voice members who attended the media conference and made the event a success! The media conference was covered by multiple news outlets; click the links below to read the coverage:
- KVUE: "Austin City Staff Present $3.7B Proposed Budget to Council"
- Time Warner Cable News: "Funding Feud Begins Over Austin's 2017 Budget"
- Austin American-Statesman: "Typical Austin Homeowner Could Pay $150 More in Taxes and Fees Next Year"
- Univision: "Discuten el Presupuesto de Austin"
- Community Impact: "3.7 Billion Austin Budget Presented."