The member organizations of One Voice Central Texas are deeply saddened and angered by the senseless murder of George Floyd and other Black and Brown people during interactions with law enforcement. We stand with the Black community and all communities of color, organizations, and leaders to fight to change the history of racial oppression and marginalization. Together, we commit to holding ourselves and community leaders, elected officials, governmental entities, and funders accountable to make needed change. Systemic racism is embedded in the structures of our country and continues to damage communities of color in Central Texas and across the nation.
One Voice Central Texas will continue its work in undoing racism by:
1) Supporting educational and awareness efforts of non-profit employees and board members regarding racial equity and justice,
2) Offering free membership to emerging grassroots nonprofit agencies working directly with people of color and/or led by people of color,
3) Continuing advocacy for the funding of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI) training in our community,
4) Committing to leadership development for people of color and leaders of nonprofit organizations,
5) Providing outreach and support to Central Texas residents seeking services and support through our member organizations.
6) Continuing to provide scholarships for members to attend Beyond Diversity
7) Participating as a founding partner in the of the Collaborating and Coordinating Healing and Racial Equity TUUNA which brings together many of the entities working on racial equity and healing in our community
One Voice Central Texas is a coalition of nonprofit health and human service organizations working to ensure that all individuals in our community access the opportunities and resources needed to thrive. In partnership with Black and brown leaders, we must work together to end the racial injustice and the violence that plagues our community and the country. There is work to do now and over the long-term, requiring ongoing discussion and continuous commitment. We stand in solidarity with Black communities and people of colorand will strengthen our advocacy and support services to create greater equity and opportunity for all individuals in Central Texas.