Want to help change the story?
Austin has the creativity, resources, dedication, and leadership to create a sustainable community where basic resources are provided and all residents are healthy, educated, safe, and live as independently and productively as possible. We ask for your partnership in embracing this vision and supporting the solutions required to make sure that this is achieved.
We exist because...
- Human services are a vital link to creating a safe & sustainable community.
- Our human services infrastructure is strained by increasing poverty.
- Support of effective organizations and collaborations produces economic benefits for everyone.
Get involved and learn more about the Tale of Two Austins!
- Read our stories about the individuals that have overcome affordability challenges and disparities by accessing support services from our members.
- Share our message. Check out our Facebook and Twitter pages for easy-to-share information and graphics on the Tale of Two Austins. New to social media? Use our Social Media 101 Outreach Guide for step-by-step instructions on how you can leverage your personal networks to amplify the outreach of the Tale of Two Austins campaign.
- Learn how investing in health and human services is a wise and cost-effective investment that improves lives and saves taxpayers money.
- Our members combat affordability challenges and disparities through a diversity of services and support programs. Volunteer, donate, and support our amazing members as they continue to improve the lives of individuals and families across Central Texas.
One Voice Central Texas is a coalition of over 85 nonprofit health and human service organizations unified by the common value that people come first. We represent the community’s support network for children and the elderly, opportunity youth, the hungry and the homeless, persons with disabilities, those who are illiterate, those who are immigrants, and victims of violence. We are also the voice for all of the rapidly growing populations in our community who are unable to access a standard of living that supports their health, safety, security, and general welfare. Our region is witnessing dramatically growing financial gaps between the different segments of our community, confirmed in the CAN Community Indicators report.
If you have any questions or would like more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Awareness >> Advocacy
The purpose of the Tale of Two Austins campaign is to raise awareness around disparities in Austin. Learn about how One Voice uses this information to advocate on behalf of social services in our Put People First campaign.
Click the infographics above to view our past Tale of Two Austins campaigns